Friday, October 9, 2009

Kereem Morgan - Adv 360 Lighting Concept- Sunset

Descending Light

Today at the annual Riddim Dance Troupe cookout, my troupe members and I sat outside, laughing at each others corny jokes, taking candid snap shots, and most importantly watching the sunset. As it descended from the sky, it gave off beams of amber light with a hint of violet blue streaks in the sky. I could see this amber lighting creating a particular mood in my piece. What that mood will be, I am unsure of. However, the amber glow proved to be very provocative, settling, yet simultaneously intense.

To recreate this mood with lighting, I believe I will have to use amber lighting coming from the high sidelights on both sides of the stage as well as upstage and downstage lighting in violet blue. I would also want to use a par to illuminate the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment