Thursday, October 8, 2009

Lighting Moment AV 360 week 5

So, yesterday was a pretty crazy night on my hall. Not only was I pretty sick, but people were running around like crazy. There was one point where I heard someone say, "NOOO not the powder!!" and when I looked towards my door (I was trying to sleep so the lights were off), I saw their foot shadows run past my door. Basically, we have a hall light that stays on 24/7 and it seeps under my door. So if my lights are off and someone walks by, their legs block the light the moment they pass.

To recreate this, I would have to figure out where the light would be coming from. If it came from above, i think it'd be hard to recreate the foot shadows or moments to block segments of the light. A better option would be to have fresnels (to create the soft seeping light effect) behind the cyc on the floor and then someone could simply move back and forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment