Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lighting Moment, Week 8-Cat, 360

In my room there is a multi-colored octopus lamp. Because each light gives off a different colored light, it causes my side of the room to have multicolored shadows. Before I cleaned up the nook between my desk and bookshelf, there were three different point-edged, multi-colored shadows all pointing to the little empty patch of wall. It was a little whimsical.

This could be recreated by suspending triangular shapes, either 2-D or 3-D, with fishing line from the grid and lighting it from the front in two different colors. Most of the lights used would probably be on the 3rd or 4th electric. The color of the lights would probably alternate and each pair of lights would be aimed in the direction of a suspended shape. This might not read exactly as it did on my wall, but it would capture the general feeling. It would also be fun to try this with different shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment