Friday, October 9, 2009

Kereem Morgan - Adv 360 Lighting Concept -Night Light

Multi-Color Lighting

So tonight at the Bunker was pretty amazing. Finally, in about two years since the doors of the “bunk” opened on campus. The extended wait in line was actually worth it once I got inside and joined the excitement taking place. The music was loud, the people were sweating profusely from dancing, and the lighting added an extra element of intensity. There were spinning disco lights, strobe lights flickering, and people glowing in the dark from the multitude of black lights lining the ceiling. The lighting intensity intrigued me and reminded me of Elizabeth’s piece.

Even though the multiple sources of light may not be ideal for the mood Elizabeth is trying to create, I think the brightness in color fits the mood well. To recreate this mood, I would have to use both upstage and downstage lighting to illuminate the entire stage. I would also want find a way to make lights flicker on stage at certain points in the piece. I think this is a possible way of lighting her piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment