Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lighting Moments 6, 7, 8 AV 360

6. I was rehearsing alone in 110 one evening and when I looked out the window, I saw one of the outside lights. Because it was so dark outside,, you could just see the path's light on the silver pole going straight down. If you don't focus too much, it looks as if there is a ball of light settled in the middle of the darkness going shining straight down. Sort of like a UFOs light. I'm can't think of a safe way to recreate the ball of light in the middle of the air, but I would be happy with just having the path of white light coming down somewhere on stage from a par.

7. Because of the orange street lamps scattered on campus, you are sometimes visible and sometimes in the dark at night. Once I see someone coming my way and they hit a dark patch, I get nervous! Ha-ha. To do this on stage, I could have two fresnels from above shining amber light (one on the left side and one on the right side: _O_O_). Thus, if you were to enter onstage from a wing, then there you'd be in the dark, then in the amber light, in the dark, then in the amber light, then in the dark. It could really help to create a street scene or something scary!

8. I was watching the trailer of a new movie coming out where a shot was filmed on an airfield at night. A plane took off and you could see the many balls of light on the pathway. My focus would be on the bright balls of light creating the pathway. It also reminds me of the George Washington bridge in NYC at night with all its bright lights. It makes you feel as if you're going through something highly important and it is pretty electrifying. I could either try to recreate a bridge light pathway or the airfield, but the former might be easier, since getting little lights for the floor may not be a good idea. The only way I could set up these lights would be to have some sort of freestanding structures with bright balls of light, which would then block the wings! I may need to rethink this lighting creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment