Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Kereem Morgan - Color Deviation on College Street - Lighting Concept 6

Two days ago when I was walking up the hill on College Street, I was surprisingly taken aback by the intense coloration occurring amidst the skyline. The sun had set about 2 minutes beforehand and the orange red/ blue violet hues illuminating the sky were breathtaking. Interestingly, there was a clear deviation between the colors. The blue violet was on top and the orange blue was on the bottom.

To recreate this effect, I think the lighting will have to be primarily focused on the cyc. It would be ideal to have a split gel affect where the blue violet and orange red blend, but have a clear distinction against the cyc. I do not know if this effect could be accomplished any other way. If so, I would certainly like to know because this effect is certainly interesting and I am thinking about incorporating it in my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment