Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Response to Intellectual and Expressive Blocks—

This article was filled with interesting exercises that I found helpful in identifying my mental patterns of conscious and unconscious thinking. I’m definitely going to keep the ‘Strategy Notebook’ in mind as I continue on. What has been helpful in the creative process for this duet has been the visualization boards and also my own personal visualization scores of what I see or would like to see happen. Having something tactile available to me during the movement generating process is so helpful. It puts off some of the pressure to always feel like I have to remember every single new movement perfectly because there are images and words cues that lead me back to the sensation of what I was working on. I think this week as I begin to set the improvised material I will continue using these tactile cues to help my dancers remember their material and to understand the underlying emotional thread that is carrying them through this piece.
I found the detail about becoming one’s own ‘facilitator’ wonderful. In the Authentic Movement practice that we’ve been embarking upon in Nature and Creativity what I’m learning to cultivate is my own non-judgmental inner-witness. During the showing, as I stood squirming around trying to watch my duet, I went back to this state of ‘witnessing.’ Witnessing with full intention without judgment gives me a greater sense of clarity and hence, greater facility to edit and modify my own creative process. We’ll see how this practice works for this week now that I have all of the critique sheets back!

No comments:

Post a Comment