Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Organization of Energies- AV 360

Org. of Energies does try to cover a lot, but I think too much for a reader. This was definitely a challenging read, esp. since I think of myself as a very clear-headed dancer (meaning I dance because I want to, thus I will). I don't do it because I am thinking of an image nor do I do it because I want to show people what I think about x, y, or z. I don't think it's clueless dancing, but I find dancing to simply be a calling, not a craft or a project, such as the beret hat I recently crocheted. Yes, I have a lot to learn, but I haven't reached the place where this author has gone. I do admire the author who sees dance in a more focused way and can dissect it so well, and I do think their findings could help me find something I've been overlooking. Maybe it is time to renew myself and have a new relationship with dance.

Okay, back to the reading...I found a lot of ideas surrounding perception and rhythm, but had trouble seeing the big picture. With so many examples and statements about a certain point being hard to explain, I think I stopped trusting the author for leaving me in the dark for so long! Of the points I did get, I'm not sure I agree with the following: "nothing is strong or weak, it is the way it works and is worked on." Aren't we taking about a product that coming from an org. of energies works in something that can be perceived? Why can't something be strong or weak? Sure, everyone is allowed to have their own style, but we can't judge? Reality is everyone has their own unique source of power. Well, I think I will re-read this a few more times!

No comments:

Post a Comment