Friday, September 11, 2009

In the Spot Light - Allie (Week 1)

My lighting moment is something I experience on every sunny morning when I look into the mirror that is next to my window. The windows in my room are slanted skylights, so the sun is able to shine in and down onto me. When I look at my face in the mirror, the light creates an interesting effect. Half of my face and upper body is illuminated by the sunshine, while the other half of my face is dark and mysterious looking. This image is intriguing because if I try to look closely at the lighted side of my face, it is almost too bright to distinguish details (like when applying makeup). Further, this image can be altered... my mirror is on my closet door and if i open it towards the window, I am fully in the spot light.

I think that I could recreate this with just that - a narrow spot light. The part that would create the effect is where it is hitting the dancer's body. I guess it would have to come from above and the side in order to have one half of the face illuminated and the other dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment