Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lighting Moments (1-3)

1. Aquafina Bottle light dispersion. I was sitting in the library café and the light caught my plastic bottle in such a way that all the tiny ridges and ripples you see on Aquafina Bottles was making the light dance like a pinwheel. The light was crisp, but when I moved the bottle and shook the water, the light glistened like the way a lake twinkles on a late afternoon.

2. Driving down Route 7 during sunset. Of course any sunset in Vermont is going to be special, but what struck me while I was driving was the hazy almost matte quality of the blue of the sky and mountains and of the golden hue the light on the fields of wheat was making. The colors looked almost washed out and dusty.

3. Renaissance Painting cloud. Again, I was watching clouds during sunset above Mead Chapel. It looked like those paintings from the Renaissance Era when you expect God is going to reach down his hand or something through a cloud. There was a deep chasm of light bursting through this crack of a huge wispy cloud. The light was very strong, very piercing through the negative space of this cloud that had a deep angle cut into it. I wish I had my camera…

No comments:

Post a Comment