Saturday, September 12, 2009

Lighting Moment AV 360 week 1 (9/12)

This morning I realized, I had left my shade up and the sunlight was shining on my face. Being way too tired to get up, I just put my blanket over my face, but then realized it was my crocheted one (i have like 3 blankets on my bed!) and the light was still passing through. The blanket felt really warm and comforting, so I just laid there, and when I took a better look, I saw how the light shining through the blanket's holes created a cool pattern on my green bed sheet. The combination of the green and strong yellow rays was both gorgeous and refreshing, plus the comfort of the blanket had an interesting childlike feeling.

On stage, a gobo could work to create the sun rays, but from what I saw on friday, that may not create the effect I experienced. I would like it to seem as if the rays were shining strongly from a side or corner of the stage. A wash of green could show on the floor to mimic my bed spread. As for the blanket, I think the same effect of having something covering the stage could simply be a matter of leaving most of the theatre dark, thus the only lights would the "sun's rays" and the green wash on the floor or marley. The last issue would just be creating the "childlike feeling," which might be solved if the green were a light one. Perhaps...

1 comment:

  1. I really like that you are trying to recreate the feeling as well as just the lighting. Thanks for broadening my mind frame.

    ReplyDelete