Friday, September 18, 2009

Lighting moment Philippe Bronchtein Dance 360

This morning was super gray and dismal. I started to notice how a lack of light influences how you see things. Everything is much duller and edges are rounded out. The most notable thing that I noticed was the lack of shadows. Even trees, which normally cast shadows and shade all around them, seem to stand alone.

I'm not sure how I would recreate this on stage...I think that the only reasonable way to go about would be to Use a lot of white light in all directions to eliminate shadows and keep them at very low intensity. I don't know if a hint of a color could add to the general aura or setting that we're trying to create, but the most significant thing about my lighting moment was the lack of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment