Saturday, September 19, 2009

Energy Art

Energy Art

Excluding the fact that the article was certainly dense in content, the overall read and information bestowed upon the reader is very insightful. I cannot say I enjoyed this reading. In fact, I thought it was profusely too academically written, but there were some eye opener moments for me when reading. Within the article, there are multiple comments I find wanting to divulge on. Firstly, there is the notion that there is a great difference between violence and the intensity of action. More particularly, I find it rather informative that “the manifestation of a single form of energy in isolation results in uncoordinated movements, the human organism being, in fact, complex, and hence requiring adjustment of many varied factors.” I find this very interesting and once I read on in regards to this theory, it made much sense, especially by using children play as the example. There was another section in the article that reminded about the lessons learned in Tuesday night’s lab in regards to building on an idea in sets. I’m reminded when the author states, “Esthetic recurrence in short is vital, physiological, functional. Relationships rather than elements recur, and they recur in differing contexts and with different consequences so that each recurrence is novel as well as a reminder. In satisfying an aroused expectancy, it also institutes a new lodging, incites a fresh curiosity, establishes a changed suspense.” When I read this passage, I was happy that I could link it to what I had learned to do in class. Being able to pinpoint in words what professor Brown was physically pushing us to learn allowed the concept to make more sense to me, not just in my body, but more importantly, in my mind.

Kereem -360

No comments:

Post a Comment