Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sophia Levine, Dance 360, Lighting Moment 9

This is a lighting moment that comes from my first memory. I had been outside playing in the inflatable pool and had decided to go inside to dry off. When I entered my kitchen it smelled salty like Playdoh. It had been very bright and yellow white outside, but here inside, despite the fact that the overhead light was on, it seemed so dark.

The important part of this lighting moment is the effect of the contrast of sunlight and electric light. I am not sure how you could create a natural light situation in a theater. Perhaps a bright light at a very high angle and directed on an angle toward the audience could create the sensation of such an overwhelming source of light. The change would then be created by shutting off the "sun" and bringing up light on the stage that is not angled toward the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment