Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lighting Moment 9 AV 360

The night before last was beautiful! I remember walking to the CFA after dinner and it seemed like a "Thriller" night, but what really caught my eyes were the trees near the side entrance to the dance studios (with the yellow and orange leaves). Because of the blue-grayish sky, the trees were literally popping out in the scenery because of the light coming from the street lamps. They simply glowed. I would love to do this in the studio by having a foggy gray cyc and somehow use some "seamless" yellow light from the booms or some fresnel lighting from above. The trees popped out on their own. It was as if they were the only things being lighted and it would be cool to have bodies on stage highlighted the same way. The idea reminds me of INSPIRIT's first piece of their performance (Past Her Rites) where the bodies of the dancers were the only things visible on stage/ highlighted in the darkness. For this moment, though, I would like to have the bodies highlighted in the yellow goldness that I saw. Gold isn't exactly the color, but I would say that the yellow/orange leaves shined like something royal.

No comments:

Post a Comment