Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lighting Moment, Week 9 -Cat, 360

This week I had several lighting moments, however I will just choose my favorite.
While walking back home from the CFA, the night was very clear and the air was very crisp. The moon was full and was illuminating the pathway. I could see everything on the pathway without the light of streetlamps and the moonlight reflected off of the roofs of the buildings. The sky itself was more of a deep, dark sapphire blue than black.

I think the moon could be recreated using a fresnel with no color and the shutters (barn doors?) completely open. If I wanted the effect of the passing position of the moon, I could have one fresnel set up stage right and one stage left on the same electric and both angled toward the center as well as one at center angled down. As the time passed, I could trade one fresnel for the other, so it would seem like the light was passing across the stage. I might need a few more to make the change subtler. The cyc would be a dark blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment