Monday, December 7, 2009

Lighting Moments 10, 11, 12 AV 360

10) Two days ago I had a dream in which I was going through a black tunnel with blue rectangular slits/ openings/ windows on the walls. I couldn't get out through the side blue things, but I was running through the tunnel trying to get somewhere. Who knows where. I probably would just project blue rectangles on the cyc from the front (maybe a stripy gobo with a blue gel could do the trick) and if I wanted to recreate the running, I could go horizontally across the stage. I could even have like 10 people running back and forth!

11) I saw this video of Alessandra Ferri (the ballet dancer) and she was dancing on this little rectangular stage on the beach with a bright light shining on her from each corner. It would be really awesome (and hard?) to put another stage on the stage. It seemed like Ferri was dancing for herself at her favorite place. Maybe the dancer could set up the lights (fresnels or something kind of soft but strong) at each corner. Then when she is done, she moves the lights. It would also be nice to create a blue watery effect (with the BAX & high sides) on the real floor so it seems like she is at the beach or near some body of water.

12) After watching the matrix trilogy, I think it would really cool to try out some neon colors onstage. Maybe with a neon green grid gobo shining on the floor. Maybe neon yellow specials to create 9 yellow circles on the floor to travel around in. Maybe neon rays shining in all places like a club (nah, that would cheesy). I'd probably go with the neon grin grid because it reminds of something high tech and sophisticated. I don't think any other lighting would be necessary. Well maybe some front light since we want our dancers to be seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment